I love summer, staying active and trying new things so I put together a list of 33 healthy summer activity ideas for you try.
“Healthy” doesn’t just mean fitness and the gym. In fact, during summer, heading indoors to the gym can leave you to feel unmotivated. Don’t find yourself there…..try new things, take yourself outside, and enjoy all that the longer days have to offer!
33 Healthy Summer Activity Ideas
Click HERE to save these ideas for later.
- walk – is there anything better than a nice, long walk on a summer day? On the beach, in your community, wherever!
- run (streets, trails, the track)
- jump rope
- water park
- say no to stress
- rollerblade (Does anyone do this anymore? I’m dying for a pair of roller blades. If you can recommend a great brand/style, please leave it in the comments below!)
- bike – I love a beach cruiser, but any bike will do, depending on how serious you want the ride to be
- farmer’s market
- park workout – I’d love to create some cool new park workouts. Is this something you’d be interested in seeing?
- swim – I also use the pool to run laps. As a bonus, it’s super easy on the joints!
- fly a kite
- read on a hammock
- watch the sunset
- watch the sunrise
- get a pedicure
- make a healthy ice cream dessert
- beach volleyball
- water ski
- outdoor concerts
- open all the windows + let the fresh air in
- use natural light (since the days are longer)
- play on a jungle gym
- travel (and don’t forget the travel snacks!)
- go to the county/state fair
The ideas are really endless.
What would you add to this list?
By the way, if you’re interested in more summer-inspired reads, check out:
You will heal. I will help.