I found 24 Low-FODMAP items from Thrive Market that I wanted to share with those of you in the SIBO/IBS community.
Last night I placed an order which totaled $50.68. There is free shipping on orders of $49+, and with the $49 purchase yesterday I got a free bag of Birch Benders Paleo Pancake & Waffle Mix + Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Monkfruit Syrup. I’ve never had the Birch Benders, and am excited to try it + meet them at Expo West this upcoming week.
Today I am sharing some Low-FODMAP favorites because I know what a demand there currently is for these products (my prediction is that this demand is going to grow). If you’re not sure about what Low-FODMAP’s and/or SIBO are, start with these posts:
Below are items I do buy or are in my pipeline to try. I have listed out the item along with their Thrive Market price, and then in parentheses, I’ve listed how much you’d pay for it at a conventional grocery store.
Note: Thrive Market does have a category just for Low-FODMAP items. However, after reviewing all the items, I didn’t want to include many of them because I know that for those of you who are Low-FODMAP out of necessity (i.e. SIBO and/or IBS), recommending certain items would not be in your best interest (for example the gluten-free oats or popcorn, and even sweet potato based items – when my SIBO was active, both caused extreme misery for me).
24 Low-FODMAP Items from Thrive Market
- Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar $2.99 ($4.49)
- Thrive Market Wonder Noodles – Angel Hair $1.99 ($3.49)
- Go Raw Organic Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds $10.99 ($15.99)
- Lotus Foods Organic Traditional Pad Thai Rice Noodles $2.99 ($3.99)
- Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast $4.99 ($6.69)
- Sea Tangle Noodle Company Kelp Noodles $3.49 ($4.99)
- Justin’s Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups $4.99 ($5.99)
- Divina Organic Green Olives Pitted $3.99 ($5.45)
- Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon $3.99 ($5.29)
- Nature`s All Foods Organic Freeze Dried Strawberry $4.69 ($6.75)
- Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil – 15oz jar $8.49 ($14.92) (We use coconut oil for all the things. All. the. things.)
- Red Boat Fish Sauce Fish Sauce $6.99 ($9.99) (Then, make my Veggie Pad Thai. If you need to make the recipe Low-FODMAP, simply cut the garlic and consider swapping in peanut butter for the almond butter.)
- Farmer’s Market Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree $2.09 ($3.19)
- EPIC Maple Bacon Pork Cracklings $3.49 ($4.99)
- Primal Kitchen California Extra Virgin Avocado Oil $9.79 ($12.99)
- Thrive Market Lightly Salted Organic Whole Grain Rice Cakes $1.99 ($3.65)
- GoMacro Organic Sunflower Butter & Chocolate Protein Purity Bar $23.99 ($47.85)
$6.49 ($8.99) (Want to know a secret? This is how I get my kids to eat all the veggies. Once I make whatever veggie we are having – last night it was a stir-fry mix, complete with – gasp, broccoli – I lather them all in this oil and sprinkle a little salt. When they ask for it, I’ll also put some of “Mommy’s special cheese” aka #5 on this list over the top. They love it!)
- SeaSnax Organic Lime Seaweed, Big Grab Pack $1.69 ($2.25)
- Thrive Market Organic Raw Brazil Nuts $8.29 ($11.99)
- The Real Coconut Himalayan Pink Salt Coconut Flour Tortilla Chips $3.49 ($4.49) (Some people have problems with high amounts of coconut flour. In “chip” form like this, it should be fine. If you have severe SIBO like I did when I was first diagnosed, you might not even be able to handle these.)
- Kitchen & Love Basil Pesto Sauce $2.99 ($3.99)
- Sir Kensington’s Dijon Mustard $4.99 ($6.69)
- Nutiva Organic Black Chia Seeds $6.99 ($13.95) (Boost your gut healing and make my Gut Healing Chia Pudding.)
Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list, but if you have SIBO and/or IBS, you can certain that these items are Low-FODMAP and good to go.
You will heal. I will help.