Mini Bison-Bacon Meatballs are the appetizer you’ve been waiting for.
They are perfect for the holiday season. Wait, who am I kidding? Mini Bison-Bacon Meatballs are perfect for any occasion.
My meatballs are filled with unprocessed ingredients.
This recipe was included in the 2013 Holiday e-book, which is why you might recognize it.
No need for any more chatter. Just dig in.
Mini Bison-Bacon Meatballs
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- 1.25 lb. ground bison
- ½ c. celery, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 slices bacon, fat trimmed and cut into small pieces
- ¾ c. almond meal
- fresh sage, chopped, 1 Tablespoon
- ½ Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- black pepper, ½ teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover an oven-safe pan or baking dish with tinfoil and lightly brush with coconut
- or olive oil.
- In a large bowl place all ingredients except for the bacon; set aside.
- In a small pan, lightly fry the bacon on low. You want the bacon to be nearly done, but not overly done, since it will still be baked. (Note: you do not need to fry the bacon in oil. Real bacon produces its own cooking grease.)
- Add the bacon to complete mixture and mix by hand once bacon has cooled a little.
- Form into mini meatballs. Place in your baking dish, and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Once they have cooled a little, poke them with an appetizer pick and serve.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
You will heal. I will help.