On episode 4 of the A Gutsy Girl podcast we are digging into trauma healing.
It will take you 5 seconds to rate and review the show HERE. Please do so that more women can find the show! I appreciate your help.
Episode 4: Healing from Trauma Show Notes
Click HERE to save this trauma healing post for later.
There are two main parts to this episode today:
- Starting Your Gut Healing Journey; detailing my 3 steps for getting started
- Healing Trauma with Wellness Mama
Resources Mentioned: Part I, Starting Your Gut Healing Journey
- Starting Your Gut Healing Journey
- Journaling search on agutsygirl.com
- Beginner’s Guide to Digestive Health Testing
- Dieting Harder
Resources Mentioned: Part II, Healing from Trauma
- Wellness Mama
- The Wellness Mama Podcast
- Follow Katie on Instagram
- Book: The Body Keeps the Score
- Dr. Alan Christianson
- 90-Day Gut Healing Journal
- Vitamin D
- Heads Up Health
- Just Thrive K2-7 and Just Thrive Probiotics (my code to save 15% on anything from Just Thrive is AGUTSYGIRL at checkout)
- How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
- Nutrition Genome
- Understanding Genetics vs Epigenetics: How Genes Work Like Dominos and What Yours Are Telling You With Dr. Lynch of StrateGene
- The Power of Movement for Mind and Body With Aaron Alexander of The Align Podcast
- Katie’s personal care line, Wellnesse. (Note: The dry shampoo is my favorite!)
Don’t Miss These Thoughts
- You can’t walk if you haven’t first learned to crawl.
- No one ever healed their gut simply by researching how to heal the gut without taking action.
- If you want something to change, you help the moms change. – Wellness Mama
- …..how deeply sexual trauma can affect one.
- “Constantly feeling like I was a prisoner in my own body.” – Wellness Mama
- How Katie lost 100 pounds and for the majority of the process did not workout.
- Symptoms Katie experienced prior to seeking help and healing.
- Tools Katie used for healing.
- How Katie ensures her body is never adapting to anything.
- Katie shares with us two brand new products that are coming to her personal care line, Wellnesse!
More from A Gutsy Girl
- Welcome to A Gutsy Girl Podcast
- Hang out on Instagram
- BFF’s on YouTube
- Free resource: The Master Gutsy Spreadsheet
- Rated-G Email Club
I want to briefly touch on 5 other things Katie mentions in the episode.
5 More Things from the Trauma Healing A Gutsy Girl Podcast Episode
Click HERE to save these things for later.
The idea behind rage therapy is to use a room in order to expel anger in a healthy way. The Cleveland Clinic says this about a rage room, ” For a price, these facilities will let you blow off steam by flinging dishes, smashing computers and destroying furniture.”
During this week’s podcast episode, Katie mentions it as one of the therapies she tried on her trauma healing journey.
Acro Yoga + What is Rolfing?
Katie mentions trying acroyoga along with the Rolfing method. Above you will find where I linked to AcroYoga. It combines the fitness + play of acrobatics, the healing + movement of therapeutics, and the balance + connection of yoga.
The Rolfing method was named after its founder, after its founder, Dr. Ida P. Rolf. The official Rolfing website describes Rolfing as, “A process that enables the body to regain the natural integrity of its form, thus enhancing postural efficiency and your freedom of movement.”
WP Thyroid is a natural thyroid medication. Katie mentions she took it early in her Hashimoto’s healing journey. I wanted to shine an extra light on it because I still take it and am confident in it. If you want to learn more about it, you’ll find WP Thyroid HERE.
The most accurate guide on sleep, readiness, and activity. Katie says she used and found a ton of value in this during her deep healing period.
And yes, the Oura Ring is actually a ring you wear. And now I think I need one.
I have heard Katie mention her choline issues a few different times on various podcast episodes. She talks about it in this podcast episode as well. Essentially, from doing a lot of testing, she found that she wasn’t getting enough choline. Eggs are a huge source of choline, and she is still unable to consume eggs.
Choline is important fort the Gutsy community because Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is an important component of the mucosal layer of the colon and acts as a surfactant within the mucus to create a hydrophobic surface to prevent bacterial penetrance. Furthermore, four human trials have been performed to determine the efficacy of PC in the treatment of UC (ulcerative colitis). I’d love to explore Phosphatidylcholine more.
Time to wrap this up. As always, a huge goal for this show is to connect with even more people. Feel free to send an email to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to hear questions, comments, show ideas, etc.
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
You will heal. I will help.