We’ve arrived at the eats, treats, and desserts season. Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I’ll kick it off with 12 Paleo Halloween Treats so that you can feel like you’re being an example healthy student. (Truth? I’ve already been digging into the Candy Corn. Not Paleo. Not mad about it.)
Is the term Paleo Treats an oxymoron? I actually think it is. And yet, we’ll find a way to make anything Paleo or “healthy,” amiright?!
It’s not that I even really care to make anything stringent Paleo because I’m not Paleo, but I still put together lists like this and make my own recipes that are Paleo-ish because ingredients contained in thousands of products are scary.
So when we can, the below options are what we’d choose. And on a daily basis, it is what we choose.
12 Paleo Halloween Treats
Click HERE to save this post for later.
- Almond Joy Bar. Using just five ingredients, this is a must-try for anyone who loves the almond, coconut, chocolate combination.
- Halloween Apple Mouths. So basic, yet a combination everyone loves in a shape that’s fun for Halloween.
- Halloween Ghost Pops. Do you buy 3 bunches of bananas every single time you go to the grocery store or is that just me? My kids eat a banana or two (or more) each day, so we are definitely going to make these.
- Homemade Adult Halloween Candy. This one is sort of a maybe-it’s-Paleo-maybe-it’s-not. Some Paleoists say alcohol is fine, at least wine. I don’t know. Then again, I don’t really care. This Homemade Adult Halloween Candy is about as simple as it gets. Wine, raisins, dark chocolate.
- Homemade Kit Kat Bar. One of my favorite candies of all time are Sixlets. Remember them? But close behind would be the Kit Kat bar. Something about the chocolate, carb, and crunch. I used to eat the King Sized one like it was my job. I have not yet tried this homemade version, but we will for sure.
- Paleo Candy Corn Gummies. Whenever I have an excuse to make something with gelatin, I’m all about it. I don’t think these will taste anything like the Candy Corn I’ve already been digging into, but I bet they are interesting and good in their own way.
- Paleo Ghost Truffles. She had me at truffles.
- Paleo Twix Bar. The Twix bar is another one with a similar concept to the Kit Kat bar….chocolate, carb, crunch. I love that this recipe uses coconut flour because I always have a hefty stash of that at our house.
- Pumpkin Spiced Donuts. Gosh, I just love these. And as long as the Pumpkin Spiced Donut nut butter is available, these are made in rotation.
- Real Food Gummy Eyeballs. I’m still not sure how I feel about the act of eating these because they don’t look good, but I bet Isaiah will love them. Boys.
- Rolos. Yum! These are cute little buttons, and they look like the original.
- Tombstone Sugar Cookies. How fun! After you make them, it might be fun to decorate them, too.
Not looking to make your own Halloween treats, but still want a better option than traditional candy? Some of my favorites include:
- Surf Sweets Gummy Worms
- UNREAL Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
- UNREAL Gems Chocolate Milk (their version of M&M’s)
- YumEarth Lollipops
- YumEarth Organic Halloween Candy Corn
And no, none of those are Paleo. I’ve had, and love, all of them, though.
You will heal. I will help.