For those of us concerned with real health and healing and living an overall holistic lifestyle, Hemp History Week is an important week of the year. Today, in particular, I want to share more about Hemp History Week and your gut.
Let me first clear up the misunderstanding that consuming hemp is illegal and that it’s marijuana.
Consuming hemp is completely legal and it is not marijuana. Hemp is a part of the vegetable kingdom, is only related to marijuana, contains only trace levels of THC (less than 10ppm) and will not cause a psychoactive effect. (Things You’ve Always Wondered About Hemp But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
I am so confident of all the above that I give hemp to our children right alongside me.
So now that we have that cleared up, let me tell you some things about hemp.
- I have used Hemp Oil in helping completely clear my Perioral Dermatitis (which I took into remission with zero antibiotics)
- The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper
- Many sources have used hempseeds in assisting with leaky gut healing
- All of these people endorse hemp
- My favorite Castile Liquid Soap uses hemp
- You can make Homemade Hemp Milk in just 2 minutes, with just 3 ingredients (dairy free)
- Hemp is good for the earth. It is an environmentally sustainable solution for potentially thousands of products ranging from plastics, paper, textiles, building materials and even ethanol.
- Bringing it Home is a documentary about hemp
Hemp History Week and Your Gut
Click HERE to save this post for later.
Not only has my gut been thriving with hemp, but in many ways, I think hemp has helped with the overall healing. Hemp is good for our bodies.
Hemp seeds are a nearly perfect food source. High in digestible protein, healthy Omega essential fatty acids (EFAs) and naturally occurring minerals, hemp seeds are also free of gluten and have no known allergens.
We eat hemp in our house almost daily.
3 Favorite Hemp Products
Favorite Hemp Recipes
- Lemon-Garlic Basil Spaghetti Squash
- Low FODMAP Berry-Licious Hemp Smoothie
- Savory Hempseed Flatbread
- Ideas for what to do with that Savory Hempseed Flatbread
- 33 Favorite Hemp Recipes
If you’ve never tried hemp, do yourself a favor and grab some.
Happy Hemp History Week!
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.