Old Glory proudly waves on the land where I was raised, and today I have a recipe to celebrate her….The Red, White & Blue Topped with a Lemon-Honey Non-Dairy Whip Cream.
Old Glory always will fly proudly, too.
My parents are damn proud of this. I am blessed to know that American passion – all 365 days a year.
I’m celebrating Old Glory with my brand new “summer eats, treats & desserts” ebook, and this recipe from the ebook.
It’s gluten, grain, dairy, soy and egg free.
I think you’re going to love it!
The Red, White & Blue Topped with a Lemon-Honey Non-Dairy Whip Cream
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- ½ c. full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight the night before use
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. honey
- lemon, small
- Slice a whole watermelon in half (or fourths, whatever is easiest for you to work with)
- Using an ice cream scoop, form watermelon balls and place on a plate (or in another container) that can easily go into your freezer
- Freeze the watermelon balls for about 2 hours
- Once they are frozen and you are ready to serve, take them out of the freezer
- Let them sit for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, whip together by hand the coconut milk, lemon extract, and honey in a small dish
- Make lemon shavings from your whole lemon
- Place a watermelon ball (or balls) on a plate, decorate with blueberries (can be fresh or frozen), top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the lemon shavings
Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
You will heal. I will help.