With July 4th right around the corner, what could be better than Organic Beef Burgers with Caramelized Shallots?
I don’t care who you are, a great burger cannot be denied.
This great burger starts with simple ingredients.
Organic Beef Burgers with Caramelized Shallots
Sliced, diced, chopped and minced to perfection.
The main ingredient is, of course, the beef. Treat yourself well. You are worth a quality meat. I stopped settling for rotten meat; it has made a huge, huge difference.
This burger was made with Organic, grass-fed and no antibiotics or hormones added beef.
It was topped with the gentle sweetness of a caramelized shallot. The shallot is not typically characterized as “sweet,” but it is used in pickling and also in frying into thin strips.
This burger cannot be beat.
If you want to get really wild and crazy for the 4th, go ahead and add in some raw cheese cubes and/or bacon avocado (fry some tiny bacon slices, add to avocado, whip, and serve –> that idea was compliments of my brother-in-law).
You are going to be the star griller this 4th of July!
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- 1.25 pounds beef (remember, Organic, grass fed and no antibiotics/hormones is preferable)
- ¼ jumbo red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- ½-1 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- Mix together beef, red onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme and sea salt in a bowl
- Form mixture into burgers (We made about 5 burgers, but you’ll have more or less depending on preferred burger size)
- Place burgers on the grill, until they are grilled to your liking
- Meanwhile, place the sliced shallots and coconut oil in a pan on medium to medium-high heat
- Toss and turn the shallots frequently so they don’t burn
- Once the shallots are a caramelized (and burgers are grilled), top your burger with your desired amount of shallots
- Serve with the bacon avocado and/or raw cheese cubes, if desired
p.s. You will desire the bacon avocado and raw cheese cubes. Everyone likely will! Wait, raw cheese? Yes! Raw cheese.
You will heal. I will help.