Create your healthy lifestyle, but know that a healthy lifestyle looks different for everyone.
The core principles of what makes a healthy lifestyle are fairly standard across the board.
At The Institute for Integrative Nutrition we learn about Primary Foods and Secondary Foods. When you place everything into these buckets, it’s much easier to create your healthy lifestyle on a highly personalized scale.
Create Your Healthy Lifestyle
Click HERE to save this post for later.
Primary Foods Include
- physical activity
Secondary Foods Include
In other words “lifestyle” mixed with food, but lifestyle outweighing food, which is not what most people typically think of as a healthy lifestyle.
People aren’t unhealthy and overweight because of food. They are unhealthy and overweight because of the underlying issues which lead to an unbalanced relationship with food.
At the core of a healthy lifestyle is bringing these issues and imbalances to the surface.
Make this the year, the month, the week, the day, the moment, you will create your healthy lifestyle by looking to things other than just food for true results.
Understand that you will not change because you know you should, but instead, you will change because you desire to look at the big picture in a new light.
Focus on your lifestyle and those primary foods.
Healthy Lifestyle Questions to Ask Yourself
- Do I overeat because I’m constantly stressed at work?
- Or maybe do I eat too little because I’m in a poor relationship, and I’m trying to control at least one part of my life?
- Do I eat junk food 24/7 because I haven’t taken the time to care for myself with physical activity….why not start now?!
Rate where you are now.
Rate where you want to be in a year.
And make a plan for getting from here to there (you can even start with just the first three months).
Resources to Help Create Your Healthy Lifestyle
- The Gutsy Girl’s Bible: an approach to healing the gut, 3.0
- Healthy Lifestyle on Pinterest
- Go to Nutrition School
- Daily inspiration via the A Gutsy Girl Instagram
You will heal. I will help.