The first book we’re reading for the A Gutsy Girl Virtual Book Club is Healthy Gut, Healthy You.
I told you yesterday in the SIBO Books on Amazon post that one of the 12 mentioned would be our first book for the book club.
This is it!
I got mine on Amazon.
The Kindle version is only $9.99, and I love that it’s an automatic download. If you don’t, you can get the hard copy for about $34.91. By the way, no, I do not have a Kindle. I have an iPad, but there is a Kindle for iPad app that allows you access to all Kindle books. Love it!
By the way, if you want a peek into the first few chapters, you can read it HERE (The Importance of Your Gut).
Healthy Gut, Healthy You
Click HERE to save this post for later.
I chose Healthy Gut, Healthy You for our first book because I had several people reach out and say they would love to do this one as a book club book. Selfishly, I also chose it because I’ve been wanting to read it and my work was compared to Ruscio’s on a podcast I recently recorded.
As mentioned yesterday, out of 117 reviews, the book gets a 4.6 out of 5.
Here is Amazon’s description of the book:
Are you experiencing depression, fatigue, thyroid imbalances, joint pain, insomnia, brain fog, inflammation or autoimmunity? Did you know your symptoms could be caused by a problem in your gut? Even if you don’t have gas, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea and/or constipation you could greatly benefit from improving your health at the core, your gut.
In Healthy Gut, Healthy You, clinician and researcher Dr. Michael Ruscio shows how modern lifestyle changes and the widespread use of antibiotics have made our guts more vulnerable than ever before.
The good news is that almost any ailment can be healed. The key is not just managing the symptoms but treating the root cause; the gut. Restoring this crucial part of your overall health improves the performance of your whole body from the inside out – and it’s easier than you think to get started.
You don’t have to follow crazy diets or spend a fortune to get healthy. Instead, read Healthy Gut, Healthy You to discover:
- THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR GUT
- DIET FOR OPTIMUM GUT HEALTH
- LIFESTYLE AND ENVIRONMENT FOR OPTIMUM GUT HEALTH
- TOOLS FOR HEALING YOUR GUT
- THE GREAT-IN-8 ACTION PLAN
A vibrant, healthy you begins with your gut! Start healing your body today with Healthy Gut, Healthy You!
Getting Started with the A Gutsy Girl Virtual Book Club
Okay, so you’re saying, “I’m in. What’s next?”
It’s all very simple.
- Grab your copy of Healthy Gut, Healthy You (Kindle or hard copy; doesn’t matter).
- Read through Chapter 5 (all of Part 1). There are five parts to the book; 33 chapters. For this book, due to the large amount of chapters, it does not make sense for me to write a blog post after each chapter. We would never finish it!
- Our first “meeting” (aka when I’ll write the first post) will be on Monday, June 1o, 2019. The post title, “The Importance of Your Gut,” which is the theme of part 1.
- Our conversations; questions and comments will all be via the comments on said post. So if you have any to kick this book off, feel free to leave them on this post.
- If you have my blog in your feed, you’ll never miss one of these posts. And if you follow my main Pinterest board, you’ll also never miss a post because I’ll always pin the latest post there.
- THESE newsletters will include blog posts about the book when I send them out (typically every week or every other week).
Super excited to read this book alongside you!
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
You will heal. I will help.