I have learned the secrets to the gut-healing fast track. I want to share them with you today.
I spent years trying to find the magic potion. I was like a dog chasing my tail in endless circles. And even though it was a pain for me, there was purpose in it – for you. I learned the skills. I practiced them. I conquered them. And now I teach them to those who want to begin a gut-healing journey as well.
What is the Gut-Healing Fast Track?
Click HERE to save the Gut-Healing Fast Track post for later.
First, you must now that the number one factor (I believe) in helping you understand how long it will take your gut to heal depends on the amount of time you spend Googling symptoms and self-diagnosing vs. finding your true diagnosis.
Stop asking Dr. Google; start actually getting the tests done and putting the hard work in.
This is step 1 for getting on the gut-healing fast tract.
And then, apply the ARRT method.
ARRT Method for Gut Healing
Click HERE to save this for later.
Part of the definition of art is,
….producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
It is an art to heal properly. You are producing works that will be appreciated for a power which will magically appear in your life. Thus, my method breaks it down in this way.
Things can change, but only with a proper diagnosis. Dr. Google will not suffice. Even a (mis)-diagnosis from doctors will not suffice. The only thing that will work is an accurate diagnosis. Without this critical first step, you’ll be spinning your wheels forever. I did.
You can’t fix something if it’s not broken, and it’s technically not broken if there is no way to fix it.
Once you have an accurate diagnosis, you can begin the initial repair of your gut. In my experiences, this is primarily done via a combination of one or all of the following:
- Antibiotics (short term, like those for SIBO) and/or medication (longer term) (although I rejected all long term medications until LDN)
- Probiotics (the probiotic you take -if and when at all – depends on your condition and needs)
- Other supplements and herbs (I have taken and still take several, and you will find them via my Recommended Supplements page)
- Add in or remove lifestyle factors like workouts, stress, environment, etc.
After the accurate diagnosis and initial repair, you must rebuild and act as a healing student. This includes some or all of the above. Additionally, about this time is when I really added in the prebiotic foods.
What is the point of live if only merely to survive? We should never accept a life where we live just getting by. The goal is to thrive, in all pieces of our life. I believe this starts with our health – our greatest wealth.
Getting an accurate diagnosis then repairing and rebuilding are sort of the “easy” parts. You know what to do, and you can even have a template via protocol for it. But lifestyle is hard. It is really hard because life throws us so many different variables. What I’ve found is that in order to thrive and to move forward with total gut healing, it is critical to focus on 5 main areas for thriving (the PRESS’ing-on method).
- PURPOSE: Find it. Live it.
- Relationships: Work on them, remove the ones that don’t work, and fight for the rest.
- Exercise: Not too much, not too little. This one was huge for me.
- Stress Management: The gut-brain connection is massive. Until you learn to truly control stress, you will never thrive.
- Sleep: Don’t make it a second priority because sleep and gut healing go hand-in-hand. I’ve always hated the saying, “You can sleep when you die.” A lack of sleep has a trickle effect for negative consequences. Severe adrenal fatigue was one of those consequences for me. Make it a priority or you’ll find your own.
And finally, during the entire process, you must pay attention to and be very cognizant about the food you choose to nourish your body. This means choosing the most nutrient dense, real food every single chance you can. It means keeping preservatives, chemicals and anything artificial out of that food. For many, this will not even be enough. You will need to learn and understand which foods are not behooving your healing process. You may need an elimination diet to determine that, or specific blood tests. But I can guarantee that without properly filling your body with proper nutrition, you will never fully heal.
Just like life, what we put in is what we get out.
Please don’t mistake the gut-healing fast track for fast, overnight results. Don’t even mistake it for a 1-week, 1-month or 1-year process. It could take a few years for some of you, but you should not feel discouraged by that because you now know the pieces and the steps to start healing.
Each day is progress.
I am living proof.
For more information, grab The Gutsy Girl’s Bible: an approach to healing the gut or make the choice to work with me. Sign up for my email list so you never miss a post, news and information.
You will heal. I will help.