I’ve been craving soup, so I created this Vegan Gluten Free Miso Soup.
My Vegan Gluten Free Miso Soup isn’t all that special, but it was for me because:
- I made it during my Minnesota stay this summer and
- “Special” = I don’t really know what kind of soup it is 🙂
All I know is there is Miso, no meat, and it’s gluten free.
Vegan Gluten Free Miso Soup
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- 3 tsp South River Sweet-Tasting Brown Rice Miso (or Miso of choice)
- Vidalia, 1 small
- fresh green beans, as desired
- broccoli, as desired
- kale, as desired
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 7 cups water
- optional spices: sweet basil, chives, sea salt
- Boil water. Add the green beans, and simmer until they are softened.
- Saute Vidalia, broccoli, and kale in the olive oil and a little water.
- In a separate pan, place the 7 cups of water.
- Add green beans, Vidalia, broccoli, kale, and spices if desired.
- Bring pot to a simmer and add Miso (make sure not to get the heat too high, as Miso doesn't like that).
Yes, the green beans needed a place all their own. These were freshly picked from my parent’s garden. I don’t know what it is about freshly picked green beans, but they are so awesome! And yes, of course, they were washed before going in the soup!
While I was at home, I took my mother and mother-in-law on a little shopping trip to the St. Peter Food Co-Op. I went over what many different products were; how to use them, what I make with them, health benefits, etc. The Miso intrigued my mom, as she said there was a recipe that called for Miso using her Vitamix. This brand looked wonderful. After trying it, it was confirmed – wonderful! You can use whatever your favorite Miso brand is, though.
You might be a little scared of all the greens. Feel free to use only what you are comfortable. The point of this broth is the Miso, but these were very easy for me to digest since they had been cooked in water for so long.
Have you gotten yet that I’m a HUGE fan of broth? Most cultures are keen on the fact that broths heal. So even during the summer, I’m all about the broth.
How about you? Fan of broth? Link up below with an awesome broth-based recipe if you have one!
You will heal. I will help.