They are also dairy-free and grain free, these Gluten-Free Chocolate-Cherry Cupcakes.
Since my birthday is today and it is so close to Valentine’s Day, sharing these Gluten-Free Chocolate-Cherry Cupcakes from The Leaky Gut Meal Plan: 4 Weeks to Detox and Improve Digestive Health only makes sense.
Now, to be clear, in the book, they are called, “Chocolate-Cherry Cupcakes.” I just wanted you to be certain that they are gluten free. Actually, every single one of the 75 recipes contained in the book is gluten free.
You’ll find these cupcakes on page 143.
Gluten-Free Chocolate-Cherry Cupcakes
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ Tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the almond extract.
- Add the cherries, and smash with a fork until the cherries are lumpy.
- Next, add the dry mixture to the cherries, and stir to combine.
- And then, add the melted coconut oil, and stir until a fudge-like batter forms.
- Fill each cupcake liner about two-thirds of the way with
- the batter.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the oven, and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Did you know?
Almond meal (made from unblanched almonds) and almond flour (made from blanched almonds) are not the same thing.
Almond meal is darker and has a gritty, grainy texture. And almond flour is lighter and has a softer flour-like texture.
Grab your copy of The Leaky Gut Meal Plan: 4 Weeks to Detox and Improve Digestive Health. Consider joining the 28-Day Leaky Gut E-Course to compliment the book HERE.
You will heal. I will help.