You’ve never, ever had a pancake like these Sea Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Pancakes Gluten Grain Dairy Free pancakes. Yes, all of those things, yet uber simple to make and totally uncomplicated.
Now that you’re foaming at the mouth, let’s move on.
If I’ve told you once, I’ll tell you ten million times: I’m a cakey-carby-pancakey-lovin’ girl. Always have been. Always will be.
I grew up on pancakes….Bisquick, embarrassing (sorry, Mom)!
The sicker I got (in college and beyond), the more cakey-carby-pancakey stuff I craved.
No matter what anyone tries to tell you IF you have a sick gut, this is completely normal. Your body CRAVES that cakey-carby-pancakey stuff (read: Rotten Gut Bacteria, Starving and Weight Gain).
Catching my drift yet?
I’ll never be the girl who is able to give up pancakes forever. Ever.
Instead, per the usual, I figured out how I could make them so that I could eat them, even during intense gut healing.
And I did it….after several tries!
Two tricks to make these perfect Paleo pancakes
- Clearly, they use the sea salted cinnamon almond butter which is my love child.
- Special spoons. 2/3 tsp. is what you need for the cinnamon and vanilla extract. I love my odd-sized spoons. My mother got them for me, and while it really won’t make a difference if you use 2/3 vs. 1/2 tsp., you should know that these pancakes turned out perfectly….full disclosure in case yours don’t 🙂 Besides, their cuteness makes me smile even more in the kitchen.
We ate them all – just Ryan and I.
The dogs begged, but when you love cakey-carby-pancakey stuff as much as I do then really, there is no such thing as sharing.
How about that for some Sea Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Pancakes Gluten Grain Dairy Free?!
Sea Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Pancakes Gluten Grain Dairy Free
Click HERE to save this recipe for later
- ¼ cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
- ¼ + ⅛ cup almond meal (not flour)
- ⅓ cup sea salted cinnamon almond butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 organic eggs, room temperature
- 2 bananas, very ripe (I used fairly small ones)
- ⅔ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ⅔ tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl (I placed in my KitchenAid mixer right away)
- Place all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend together gently
- Brush your skillet with Coconut oil, and heat skillet between 225 - 250 degrees
- Pour pancake mixture onto skillet, flipping when golden brown on bottom
- Serve with your choice of topping (we used: blueberries, sea salted cinnamon almond butter, honey and/or cinnamon)
You will heal. I will help.