You’ve never, ever had a pancake like these Sea Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Pancakes Gluten Grain Dairy Free pancakes.
Yes, all of those things, yet uber-simple to make and totally uncomplicated.
I Love Pancakes Hard
Now that you’re foaming at the mouth, let’s move on.
If I’ve told you once, I’ll tell you ten million times: I’m a cakey-carby-pancakey-lovin’ girl.
I always have been, and I always will be.
I grew up on pancakes….Bisquick, embarrassing (sorry, Mom)!
The sicker I got (in college and beyond), the more cakey-carby-pancakey stuff I craved.
No matter what anyone tries to tell you IF you have a sick gut, this is completely normal. Your body CRAVES that cakey-carby-pancakey stuff (read: Rotten Gut Bacteria, Starving and Weight Gain).
Catching my drift yet?
I’ll never be the girl who is able to give up pancakes forever. Ever.
Instead, per the usual, I figured out how I could make them so that I could eat them, even during intense gut healing.
And I did it….after several tries!
Two tricks to make these perfect Paleo pancakes
- Clearly, they use the sea salted cinnamon almond butter which is my love child.
- Special spoons. 2/3 tsp. is what you need for the cinnamon and vanilla extract. I love my odd-sized spoons. My mother got them for me, and while it really won’t make a difference if you use 2/3 vs. 1/2 tsp., you should know that these pancakes turned out perfectly….full disclosure in case yours don’t 🙂 Besides, their cuteness makes me smile even more in the kitchen.
We ate them all – just Ryan and I.
The dogs begged, but when you love cakey-carby-pancakey stuff as much as I do then really, there is no such thing as sharing.
How about that for some Sea Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Pancakes?!
Sea Salted Cinnamon Almond Butter Pancakes
This recipe is: gluten, grain, and dairy free.
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- ¼ cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
- ¼ + ⅛ cup almond meal (not flour)
- ⅓ cup sea salted cinnamon almond butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 organic eggs, room temperature
- 2 bananas, very ripe (I used fairly small ones)
- ⅔ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ⅔ tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl (I placed in my KitchenAid mixer right away)
- Place all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend together gently
- Brush your skillet with Coconut oil, and heat skillet between 225 - 250 degrees
- Pour pancake mixture onto skillet, flipping when golden brown on bottom
- Serve with your choice of topping (we used: blueberries, sea salted cinnamon almond butter, honey and/or cinnamon)
Need more? Of course you do! Grab your copy of The Gutsy Girl’s Bible HERE.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
You will heal. I will help.