Are you ready for this? Wild Salmon, Roasted Beets and Apples on a Bed of Greens with Homemade Apple-Spiced Vinaigrette.
Beets, apples, and salmon.
It’s a pink and red love affair, and it makes sense during this time of the year.
When I created this recipe one night, I had Valentine’s Day in mind. Ryan and I don’t do dinner out on Valentine’s Day. I can’t think of anything worse than fighting for a reservation on a day that really isn’t that important to me.
I love like crazy every single day of the year.
Because I know many of you feel the same way, I thought we could all just cook something delicious that our guts would still love us for the next day!
I am always making my own salad dressings and sauces because the store-bought ones are overprice, over-processed, and just not as good as those I make myself.
Wild Salmon, Roasted Beets and Apples on a Bed of Greens with Homemade Apple-Spiced Vinaigrette
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
I admit: the salad dressing was my favorite part. I think it was this final drizzle that made the meal.
- 3 whole beets, trimmed and sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 3 heaping cups baby spinach
- 2 pieces wild salmon
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim and slice beets.
- Core and slice apples.
- Place beets and apples in a roasting pan. Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and stir. Bake for another 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and stir. Bake for a final 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by blending all ingredients together in a blender. Set in the fridge until the meal is complete.
- Next, chop up and place kale, swiss chard and spinach in a stir-fry pan with olive oil and saute.
- Once the beets and apples are done roasting, broil the salmon for 8-10 minutes on low.
- Finally, layer your plate (or bowl) as such: a bed of greens, topped with roasted beets and apples, topped with wild salmon and smothered with the apple-spiced vinaigrette.
You will heal. I will help.