I have made hundreds of resolutions throughout my life, but I am learning the vast differences of resolutions vs goals.
I don’t make resolutions any longer unless of course, you count the resolution I made once to drink more organic, Peets coffee 🙂
Let’s chat about what resolutions vs goals really are.
Resolutions vs Goals
Click HERE to save this post for later.
the act of finding an answer or solution to a conflict, problem, etc. : the act of resolving something. (source)
the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result. (source)
Looking back on all my failed resolutions, perhaps the primary reason for my failure lies right there within the definition. Was I really ever trying to truly resolve something? Or was I merely setting a goal? And if it was a goal I was setting, was my goal realistic?
Think about that for a moment. Let it sink in. It could be the reason so many of your own have also left less than desired outcomes.
I didn’t make a New Year’s Resolution last year or this year. In fact, I simply let My One Word: Unprocessed lead me in 2013….and I’ll continue to let it lead me in 2014.
But like I mentioned yesterday, just because I didn’t make an exhaustive list of resolutions doesn’t mean I don’t have goals.
Of course, I do.
Of course, you do.
Steal these if you want.
- Run the Rock ‘n Roll San Diego 1/2 Marathon (<- yes, I’m nuts and signed up for another one!) in 1:45
- Run the Nike Women’s Marathon 1/2 Marathon (if I get in again) in 1:44
- Release The Gutsy Girl’s Bible: an approach to healing the gut 2.0
- Give “X” amount (“X” set personally by Ryan and I)
- Swap out all home cleaning and personal care items for more unprocessed ones (this will be a huge undertaking, and I’d love any of your favorite recommendations!)
- Fully launch A LOVING SPOON, LLC
- Have our little legume completely adopted
- Continue building out all sections (and adding new ones) to A GUTSY GIRL
- Complete the 14-week workout of Nia Shank’s Beautiful Badass Bodyweight Program
- Complete 31 Days to Building a Better Blog
- Read The New Testament
- Coach 20 women to a thriving gut of their own.
- Read my Top 4 cookbooks
- Fully develop A GUTSY BABY
(As per the usual, more goals will get added as the year goes on. These are the ones I have set out to accomplish currently.)
Goals have a deadline.
Resolutions seek to resolve, with or without a timeline.
All my goals have a deadline, and as I tell you more about each one of them, a deadline will accompany.
Tomorrow I’ll tell you how to set and achieve your own goals, too.
Well, today I’m just a New Year’s Day champion. I’m accomplishing that organic, Peet’s coffee resolution from above….starting with a jumbo cup (accompanied by coconut milk and raw honey) stat! I’m also NOT going to the gym. Nia’s 14-week program started yesterday for me so today I rest and, subsequently, get a foot massage in between baby kisses and cuddles (I’m so dedicated to these “resolutions.”) 🙂
What are YOUR big goals for 2014? Interested in adopting any of mine?
You will heal. I will help.