Here’s a little breakfast recipe idea you might enjoy! How about some Gluten Free Blueberry Cinnamon Cream Stuffed French Toast?
From November 2011 through March 2012, I was sick every month. It had been years since I was sick. I was cliche each month saying, “I’m so sick and tired of being so sick and tired.”
And then, from April 1, 2012, to current day, I have not been sick. Not even once. Not even a sniffle.
It was a long first half of 2012. I was run down and getting very negative on the whole drugs and infertility tasks and consuming thoughts. My immunity was at an all-time low, and what I’ve realized these past few months is that without a healthy and happy “me,” I would likely not be able to be a healthy and happy mommy.
I’m focused less on something I’ve never had and more on everything I do have.
One thing I am thankful for EVERY SINGLE DAY is my husband, Ryan. There is no better, more loving, positive, kind and caring person out there for me.
Two weekends ago, while he was still asleep, I got up bright and early to make him breakfast. I’m an early riser and he likes to sleep in, just a little, on the weekends. I love surprising him, waking him up and saying, “Your breakfast is made.”
Unless your husband has Celiac or is gluten-intolerant, the chances of him being open to all your gluten-free concoctions could be slim-to-none. I am fortunate that Ryan is always open to what I make. But for the record, as I mentioned Sunday, this was Ryan’s favorite gluten-free recipe I’ve made yet!
Gluten-free or not, I’m confident this will be wildly successful at your house.
Gluten Free Blueberry Cinnamon Cream Stuffed French Toast
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- 4 slices Udi's Gluten Free bread
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 Laughing Cow Smooth Sensations Cinnamon Cream wedges
- 1 egg
- a little almond milk
- Ghee Butter, or butter/oil of choice
- maple syrup, or syrup/honey of choice
- Smash the blueberries and mix them together with 2 Laughing Cow wedges.
- Spread one Laughing Cow wedge on a slice of bread. Repeat with another slice of bread.
- Evenly separate the blueberry/Laughing Cow mixture from above and place ½ on top of the (already there) cream cheese and the other ½ on the other slice.
- Place the other slice of bread onto each, forming 2 "sandwiches."
- Beat together in a separate bowl the egg and a little almond milk.
- Meanwhile, melt butter (on low) in the skillet.
- Dip both sides of French Toast sandwich in the egg mixture, making sure the bread is fairly soaking wet.
- Place both on the skillet, turning over once each side is golden brown.
- Cut up, serve with blueberries and maple agave syrup.
The grand finale….that should be repeated like every weekend! (Yes, you too, Mr. Coffee.)
You will heal. I will help.