Did you ever think you could get a gluten-free dinner on less than 5 dollars? I can’t *fully* take credit on this one, as much of it came from my mother while I was in Minnesota. But I made my own version of it as soon as I got back to California, and I just had to share it with all of you.
I can’t *fully* take credit on this one, as much of it came from my mother while I was in Minnesota. But I made my own version of it as soon as I got back to California, and I just had to share it with all of you.
Gluten-Free Dinner on less than 5 Dollars
Click HERE to save this for later.
- 2 x Fresh Express 3 Color Cole Slaw ($1.29/bag)
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast (we used 3 breasts for the 2 bags of cole slaw)
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Saute cole slaw in olive oil, cooking on low until it reaches the texture of your liking.
- Bake or grill the chicken (we grilled it).
- Dice chicken, and add it to the cole slaw.
- Top with Sea Salt and Pepper.
This will make several servings, depending on who is eating it. Since my husband loved it, he ate a lot and the dish dwindled quickly!
For one person, you could do one chicken breast and half the bag, making the meal for under $5. Using 2 bags of cole slaw and 3 chicken breasts will probably be enough for a family of four – and still less than or around $5!
Looking for more gluten free recipes? Click HERE to grab them. To learn more about living gluten free, check out Making Gluten Free a Game, 7 Things Learned from 7 Years Gluten Free, 10 Tips to Lead Your Gluten Free Healthy Lifestyle, Gluten Free 101, and Help! I’m Gluten Free. Now What?
You will heal. I will help.