Are you ready for this?! A Gluten-Free Campfire S’more with honey vanilla bourbon peanut butter.
Camping in California
Against my better judgment, I agreed to go camping over the 4th of July with Ryan and several other people.
It’s not that I didn’t want to go. I did. Desperately. At heart, I’m a child who loves to play, be dirty and not have a care in the world. I grew up frequenting the campground scene in southern Minnesota.
But I have an extreme phobia of snakes.
When we first moved to California, a kid who worked for me came back from camping and proudly exclaimed,”We woke up in the morning to a rattler outside the tent. I grabbed my knife, opened the tent and killed it.”
WHAT? We never even saw garter snakes while camping in Minnesota. Surely he was lying.
And still, I’ve been scared to go ever since.
my arm was twisted we decided to go this year, I had extreme anxiety. But alas, I never saw a single snake. And truth be told, camping totally rocked.
Perhaps it was the company, the beautiful lake and the multitude of laughs.
Or perhaps it was the gluten-free campfire s’more I concocted.
I didn’t use a gluten-free graham cracker. I didn’t even do the traditional marshmallow + chocolate only.
Nope. I paved my own way, using a rice cake and an extra ingredient.
And since this upcoming weekend is basically the last weekend of summer, I thought now was as good of time as any to share with you.
A Gluten-Free Campfire S’more with honey vanilla-bourbon peanut butter
Click HERE to save this idea for later.
Ingredients You’ll need
- lightly salted, wild rice cake (I enjoy the Lundberg Organic Wild Rice Cakes, Lightly Salted)
- Dandies Marshmallows
- chocolate pieces
- Honey Vanilla Bourbon Peanut Butter (the secret, magical piece to the equation)
How to Make this Magic
- Smother a rice cake with the honey vanilla bourbon peanut butter.
- Place your chocolates on top of the honey vanilla bourbon peanut butter.
- Roast your marshmallow – over the fire – get it to a nice, golden brown (you may want 2 if you’ll be using a whole rice cake).
- Place the marshmallow(s) over the chocolate and honey vanilla bourbon peanut butter.
- Top with another rice cake, smashing it down so the edges ooze with greatness.
My friend Ally fell in love with theHoney Vanilla Bourbon Peanut Butter that night. She made regular ‘ole s’mores, but kept saying,
I need more of that nutter butter but nutter….oh whatever it is!
So let’s all be honest here….Ally this post is just for you, sugar!
You will heal. I will help.