It’s fall, sooooo……Warm Wild Rice and Pomegranate Salad with Homemade Pomegranate Vinaigrette.
Today I’m showing up to bring you one of my favorite recent recipes.
Warm Wild Rice and Pomegranate Salad with Homemade Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
Ever tried to be a superhero in the kitchen, but somehow it just maybe wasn’t meant to be?
Recently, mine came in the form of the pomegranate.
The pomegranate is a beautiful fall fruit.
I was told by the Farmer’s Market stand guy that those “cracks” on the pomegranate surface means they are ripened and ready to eat.
I wanted to be the superhero and de-seed my very first pomegranate.
The problem is that it turns out I’m not very good at it.
Pomegranate-colored juice was flying all over; in my eyes, on my papers and all over the kitchen. And still, I was determined to figure this out on my own.
And I did. But if you know of an easier way to cut these up, can you please share your secrets with me?
Luckily, the rest of the ingredients were easy to prepare.
Not only were they easy to prepare, but stunning.
I gushed over all the beautiful color this salad was about to make.
Even the Pomegranate Vinaigrette had a beautiful beginning.
Mixing it all up was nothing short of eye candy.
Eating it was stomach candy.
Side note: Rice can be hard to digest, especially wild rice. I took an extra enzyme that night, and I carefully watched how much I ate. Combine those with the fact that the vinaigrette was made with apple cider vinegar, and I had no problems digesting it. Hopefully you won’t, either!
Wild Rice is really popular in the homeskillet Midwest where I’m from.
Ryan mentioned his mother loves it.
I sure hope she also loves the luscious pomegranate.
Because this is a salad I’d love to make for the family when we’re at home for Christmas.
Think they’ll approve?!
Warm Wild Rice and Pomegranate Salad with Homemade Pomegranate Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 small apple, diced
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup almonds (slivered, whole or a mixture)
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ⅛ cup parsley, chopped
- sea salt, as desired
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ + ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- Place 1 cup wild rice and 3 cup water in a pan. Bring to a boil and stir. Reduce heat and let it simmer until all the water is soaked up (about 40-50 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare your small apple, pomegranate seeds, almonds and bell pepper. Once diced and sliced, throw them all together in a bowl. Sprinkle the parsley over the dish.
- Place the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, pomegranate seeds and honey in a blender (I used my small Magic Bullet). Grind until the pomegranate seeds are blended well. Add a pinch of sea salt if desired
- Once the rice is done, add it to the prepared bowl.
- Pour the Pomegranate Vinaigrette over the wild rice salad, little-by-little, until the salad has the right amount of vinaigrette to your liking (Note: we did not use all the dressing. Instead, we saved about ½ to use throughout the week. You won't want to use it all likely.)
- Serve warm.
You will heal. I will help.