Just because it’s popular doesn’t mean it’s smart or good for you.
Talk about trendy. How about the gluten-free trend? Gluten-free is not a fad for me. It’s my life. Not a diet.
But being gluten-free is the hot new lady on the block. She’s smart and sophisticated. And she’s thin. I mean, you do remember that Miley Cyrus said that’s how she got thin, right?
I’m obviously sprinkling a ton of sarcasm into the previous statements. Gluten-free is, quite honestly, not for everyone. Furthermore, just because it’s popular, doesn’t mean it’s smart. As a matter of fact, touting, “I’m gluten-free,” but then eating processed, packaged and gluten-free labeled items is anything but popular, smart or good for you. Trust me. I’ve been there. I’ve done that. It wreaked havoc on my gut.
That said, Mac ‘n Cheese is for everyone. Noodles. Cheese. Hot dogs. Those words make us feel like a 7-year old or broke college kid all over again. My Mac ‘n Cheese does not come in a box. It is not labeled, “gluten-free Mac ‘n Cheese.” It’s gluten-free because I use a quality noodle which is naturally gluten free (made with quinoa/corn).
Embrace your inner child, wild college days or simply the fact that you can eat Mac ‘n Cheese and still buck trends.
Here is your grocery shopping list for the recipe below.
Gluten Free Mac ‘n Cheese
Click the image to print and take with you to the grocery store or click HERE to save it for later.
- 1 box Ancient Harvest Gluten Free Organic Pasta: Elbows
- ½ box mushrooms
- 1 package Aidells All Natural Chicken Hot Dogs (Awesome Apple)
- 6 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Wedges
- Ghee butter
- milk (or Almond milk)
- sea salt
- Make pasta according to box
- While the pasta is cooking, cut up your mushrooms and hot dogs as finely as you'd like
- Saute the mushrooms and hot dogs in a little Ghee butter
- Once the pasta is done, rinse and before placing back into the pan, "coat" the bottom of the pan with some Ghee butter and a Laughing Cow wedge (keep heat on very low)
- Add the pasta, more Ghee, the rest of your Laughing Cow wedges, mushroom/hot dog mixture, milk and sea salt
- Stir on low heat until all cheese and butter are melted
Topic: Rage Against the Machine
Just a little prep.
You will heal. I will help.