As if my passion for food and true wellness could explode anymore. Somehow, at Natural Products Expo West, it did.
Prior to the show, I wrote about my intentions for attending the show and what I was looking for.
I believe I found all that and more.
From Thursday – Saturday, I:
- listened to Dr. Alex Richardson (Changing Diets, Changing Minds: The Importance of Nutrition for Behavior, Learning and Mood)
- learned more about the Science Supporting Organic Benefits (from The Organic Center)
- had a Vegan dinner
- met Rohan Marley (full post on this coming soon)
- heard stories about the people and farmers which supply Nutiva ingredients from all over the world….and all the passion the company has for them
- met Ryland Engelhart
- had breakfast with my friend Elliot, the Gluten Intolerance Group and NASCAR driver (who has Celiac), Parker Klingerman
- ran into 2 lovely women from the hometown in Minnesota
- learned about a clothing company that totally rocked my socks off (full post on this coming soon)
- watched a trailer for “Kiss the Ground“
- ate far too many things that were not grain free, but still completely avoided dairy and gluten
- found some new products and things for Samarah, and in the process became even more interested in the true wellness aspect for baby (not just mama)
- met Wayne Gorsek, who told me how awesome peanuts are and then shared THIS article with me
- hugged some of my favorites that I only see at events like this (Celiac and the Beast, The Blender Girl, Bookieboo, Fit and Awesome, Jules Gluten Free, Kiran with 100 Days of Real Food….and more)
- met Teens Turning Green, Erin Schrode and her sweet mother Judi
Passion for Food and True Wellness
Click HERE to save this post for later.
I might not know everything there is about organics and living as green and unprocessed as possible, but I do know, without a doubt, that it’s the only thing I’ve ever truly believed in.
I made a vow to myself in September, 2013 that I would not talk about the foods on my blog any longer that are making people fat, sick and miserable (Fat, Sick & Miserable. No more Junk ‘Round Here). My convictions could not be any stronger. I am overwhelmed and tired of the “healthy lifestyle” message that is, quite honestly, making us miserable.
Fact 1: I used to be really “healthy” when I used 20 packets of Splenda in my coffee, which was already filled with fat-free, sugar-free flavored creamers. And by “healthy,” of course, I simply mean I told people I was healthy, I was thin so I appeared healthy and my fat-free-sugar-free-no-calories-ever deemed me as such. And by “appeared healthy,” of course I mean my 95% of the time my Colitis was in flare mode.
Fact 2: The Internet is flooded with these “healthy lifestyle” experts.
I will spend my whole life devoted to the causes which so many of the people and brands I met with also devote their lives to.
Because it’s important. Because it’s so important.
p.s. While I’m on this semi-rant, tomorrow I dive more when I share My Medical Records.
You will heal. I will help.