A 15 minute de clutter habit is different than a purging habit.
Purging happens only 1-2 times a month. The 15 minute de clutter habit happens daily.
15 Minute De Clutter Habit
These are small tasks, tasks that are daily maintenance to help with general organization and simplification. Here are 6 ideas of tasks that you can accomplish during these 15 minutes.
- Cleaning out and organizing your purse. Yes, ladies, our purses look as though a tornado has gone through them at the end of each day!
- Cleaning out your car. Remove anything from the day. I keep a laundry basket in mine to help easily export trash and anything else.
- Clean off your desk. Things build up as the day goes on. Clean off the top of your home or work desk.
- Kitchen. Make sure it’s clean each night before you go to bed. A clean kitchen helps us feel less stressed when eating, which can reduce overall consumption and/or less than desired eating habits.
- Gym Bag. Clean it out and restock it for the next day. Make it clean and prepped so you’re “refueled” and ready to go for the next day. Bonus: Place it in your (clean) car. Now you really have no excuse!
- Filing Folders. Make them, and keep them in a convenient place at home. Label them with: Read Me. Get Me Done. File Me Away. (Or whatever other “creative” words you can think of for: Read. Do. File.) Utilize them throughout the day and then clean them up at night for the next day.
Doing some simple and quick tasks like this daily will surely make your life easier, healthier and happier!
p.s. Clutter is a part of stress and stress is something we must constantly be trying to combat. Grab 28 ways to reduce stress HERE.
You will heal. I will help.