Tomorrow I turn 35 which means that 1,095 days have already gone by since I had this idea to do 105 in 1,095 days. Before moving forward, I thought it would be fun to do a 105 in 1,095 review.
105 in 1,095 Review
In case you’re new around here, on my 32nd birthday, I created a list of 105 things I wanted to do by the time I was 35 (3 years or 1,095 days).
The full list can be found HERE.
Yesterday I updated it.
Did I complete all 105? Not even close. But was I shocked by how many things I did do? Yes. Absolutely yes, especially some of the big things.
Here are my top 7 things I crossed off from the list:
- Number 3: Finalize Samarah’s adoption (It’s crazy to think that just three years ago she wasn’t even adopted yet.)
- 7: Adopt baby/child #2 (Isaiah)
- Number 14: Begin writing a book (That would be Gravel Roads)
- 33: Get baptized (again)
- Number 59: Be in our forever home (or have a plan for it) (We are not in it, but the plans are set to move in this upcoming fall or early winter, 2018!)
- 74: Make a vision board
- Number 4 from the bonus list: Samarah’s Gotcha Day video (we made not one, but 3 of them! view them: Gotcha Day Video 1, Gotcha Day Video 2, Gotcha Day Video 3)
And these are the top 9 things I wish I could have crossed off from that list:
- Number 4: Go to Vietnam
- 11: Do 7 unassisted pull-ups (that said, I guess I didn’t even try)
- Number 27: Read the Bible (ugh)
- 38: Take an official food photography class (nope, still haven’t done this….a couple random ones online, but nothing in-person)
- Number 58: See Miranda Lambert in concert
- 67: Go on a mission trip
- Number 77: Begin concept and implementation of: “You Got Smoothied” or “You Got Real Food-ed” (surprising people with random drops of goodies, real food style vs. the standard chemical, additive and preservative-laden junk) (this one wouldn’t have been hard, I just forgot about it)
- 87: Write The Gutsy Girl’s Bible: an approach to healing the gut, 3.0 (It’s ALMOST done, and will release during my 35th year!)
- Number 89: Have my Social Media Content class become an online program in addition to an ongoing on-campus class (However, I eventually want to put the content together in an e-book for anyone to consume since I spent like a hundred hours building it out!)
The most unexpected thing that was not on the list was to finalize baby #3’s adoption. When I created that list, all I wrote was, “(begin the process of) adopting baby/child #3.”
It still seems unreal to me that during the past 1,095 days we finalized 3 adoptions!
I am so glad I made the 105 in 1,095 list because I would return to it from time-to-time to see what I had accomplished, and to be reminded of things I wanted to cross off next.
What I learned, looking back, is twofold:
- 105 things, whether they are small or not-so-small, are hard to accomplish in 1,095 days. When I made the list, I thought (for most of them anyway) “Easy peasy squeezy. I have three whole years to get these done.” But three years goes by in the blink of an eye, and even though it seems like such a long time, in order to accomplish 105 specific things, you’d have to be very planned and intentional almost daily.
- The best things cannot be planned out. They totally just happen, sometimes (usually) when least expected. But that said….
My new list is almost complete, and I’m going to share it with you tomorrow for my birthday!
If you don’t have time to read these posts daily, but don’t want to miss them, be sure to follow via Bloglovin’ and/or join my personal e-newsletter HERE. I am doing my best to send a once per week email recap of prior week’s posts.
If there is a topic surrounding change that you would love for me to include in this series, please just CONTACT ME.
Previous 101-Day Change Series Posts
- Beginnings are Scary
- Change Pain Point
- Making Sense of Change
- Gratitude Journal
- Love Your Baby Girl
- Little Things Add Up
- House and Home
- Sunday Reflections
- Chocolate Shake
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
- Chaos is a Temporary State
- Thirsty Thursday
- Month One
- The Nudge to Connect
- 11 Favorites from 11 Years in California
- One Box at a Time
- Good Enough is Enough
- There is No Dishwasher
- WWDW Number 8
- Move Initiated
- Sharing My Journey
- Back with the Tribe
- Small Town Grocery Shopping Part One
- January 2018 Catch Up Over Bone Broth
- Patsy Clairmont is My Spirit Animal
- Let There Be Light
- Forgot About Rae
- Coconut Oil Makeup Remover How To
- 9 Ways to Embrace Winter
- Escaping People
- Coming Home
You will heal. I will help.