With regards to Beautycounter and skin, the questions I have been asked frequently lately are around, “which skincare regimen to choose for xyz.”
And by xyz I mean things like….normal-to-dry skin, aging concerns, oily skin, acne prone skin, etc.
So I thought I’d share some suggestions to help you decide.
Which Skincare Regimen to Choose
Click HERE to save this post for later.
Skincare for Normal-to-Dry Skin
For normal-to-dry skin and something that nourishes and protects, you’ll want to choose the Nourishing Regimen.
The Nourishing Regimen is your solution for essential daily skin care needs. Created with normal to dry complexions in mind, each product is designed to hydrate, calm, and protect with safer ingredients.
Items in this regimen include:
- Nourishing Cream Cleanser: Soothe and nourish skin as you wash away makeup and other impurities with this ultra-gentle daily cleanser. Lightweight yet deeply moisturizing, the creamy formula contains witch hazel to tone skin, and coconut oil and aloe to help hydrate.
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliator: This gentle yet super-effective exfoliating cleanser sweeps away impurities to uncover fresh, radiant skin. Non-abrasive jojoba beads help slough off dry skin, while organic coconut oil and aloe soothe and hydrate.
- Nourishing Day Cream: Lock in moisture throughout the day with our lightweight yet hydrating face cream. Easily absorbed and never greasy, the unscented formula contains a mix of organic coconut oil, safflower oil, and aloe to provide nourishing hydration, plus antioxidant-rich acai to protect against dry skin.
- Nourishing Night Cream: A hydrating night cream that nourishes skin while you sleep. Organic coconut oil and aloe hydrate while geranium and green tea protect against dryness.
Skincare for All Skin Types
For all skin types, but with an emphasis on advanced hydration and age prevention, you’ll want to choose the Countermatch Regimen.
The Countermatch Regimen is the ultimate solution for advanced hydration and age prevention. Powered by Bio-Mimic Technology, each product harnesses the unique life-giving properties of plants to match the composition of skin, giving it precisely what it needs and nothing it doesn’t. Skin is left feeling refreshed, vibrant, and radiant.
Items in this regimen include:
- Intense Moisture Serum: Delivers a concentrated boost of moisture for immediate and lasting hydration, while vitamins C (ascorbic acid) and E (tocopherol) provide antioxidant protection.
- Eye Rescue Cream: Formulated for the delicate eye area, this nourishing cream awakens eyes by helping to reduce the appearance of shadows for brighter-looking eyes.
- Adaptive Moisture Lotion: Helps skin adapt to the ever-changing aggressors of modern life by adjusting hydration and oxygenation levels throughout the day. This lightweight lotion hydrates skin throughout the day to provide 24 hours of hydration*.
- Recovery Sleeping Cream: With an advanced blend of hyaluronic acid, plum oil (Prunus Domestica Seed Extract), and tara gum (Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum), this rich cream creates a protective layer to shield skin from moisture loss, replenishing hydration and revitalizing skin while you sleep.
Skincare for Normal-to-Dry Skin Types
For normal-to-dry skin types ,but with an emphasis on age defense and minimizing the look of fine lines, you’ll want to choose the Rejuvenating Regimen.
Revitalize and fight the signs of aging with this safer regimen for normal to dry complexions. A quartet of safer, high-performance formulas helps minimize the appearance of fine lines while firming, hydrating, and improving skin tone.
Items in this regimen include:
- Rejuvenating Face Cleanser: Lightly lathering and sulfate-free, Rejuvenating Face Cleanser features a softening blend of fruit and berry seed oils that gently cleanse and moisturize skin. Gentle cleansing agents help remove makeup and impurities, while antioxidant-rich plant extracts such as green tea help soothe and calm skin.
- Rejuvenating Toner Pads: Lightly scented with magnolia, our soft Rejuvenating Toner Pads are your first line of defense against daily stressors after cleansing. Mixed fruit acid complex and vitamin C supply skin with antioxidants and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while lentil seed extract tightens and refines the appearance of pores. Algae extract brightens and improves the appearance of skin tone, and Spilanthes acmella flower extract gives skin a firmer, more youthful look.
- Rejuvenating Radiance Serum: Our Rejuvenating Radiance Serum helps even the look of skin tone, improve hydration, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles thanks to a combination of vitamin C, mixed fruit acid complex, and algae and marine extract. Lightweight and easily absorbed, the formula is a must for layering under your moisturizer.
- 72% of women showed a significant increase in skin firmness after eight weeks of use. 52% showed significant improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles of the neck area after 8 weeks of use. (Results based on independent, 8-week, 25-subject, single-blind clinical and consumer perception study.)
- Rejuvenating Night Cream: Lock in moisture as you sleep for skin that looks and feels smoother, firmer, and more hydrated by morning. Formulated with marine extracts and Safflower Oleosomes, the cream helps intensify the nightly cycle of natural skin repair.
- 100% of women showed a significant increase in skin hydration, and 81% of women showed a significant improvement in skin elasticity after eight hours. (Results based on independent, 24-hour, 26-subject, single-blind clinical and consumer perception study.)
Each can be purchased alone or in a set.
Troubleshooting Your Skin: Acne-Prone Skin
- If acne is a major concern, Countermatch might not be your best choice.
- Adding in a Charcoal Bar could help, with the understanding that during the dry, winter months, it might dry your skin out too much. You might opt for the Charcoal Mask instead, for the time being.
- Try Rejuvenating Toner Pads both at night and first thing in the morning.
- Most research I’ve done says that the Rejuvenating line, as a whole, is best for acne-prone skin. Keep in mind, it won’t be the best for everyone, but if you need a place to start, it’s what I’d recommend (in fact, I’m moving more towards it, too).
Troubleshooting Your Skin: Anti-Aging
I received this message for someone, and I laughed. But it’s so real.
What are the best anti-aging products that will make me look youthful and like I don’t have two kids with a third coming soon?
First, keep in mind that when you are properly hydrated, you won’t age. So…..drink up that water, eat those water-packed foods, and keep the skin properly moisturized. Here are some ways to do it with products:
- The Countermatch line itself was intended for this.
- Countermatch Intense Moisture Serum contains Vitamin C and Vitamin E which provide antioxidant protection.
- The facial oils and serums are nourish and condition skin.
- Many people also swear by the Rejuvenation Collection as well.
So there you have it. If you are thinking about which skincare regimen to choose, I have provided a ton of information. Of course, do keep in mind that this information is all Beautycounter related but that’s because it’s the safer skincare line I believe in, use, and have become obsessed with.
I won’t speak poorly of other companies, but I believe that everyone has the power to do their own research. For starters, you could be as basic as I was and check out the information and articles EWG puts out for consumers.
I can’t, with a decent conscious, recommend anything else to you at this moment. I know there are some other great products out there, but from an entire skin and body care and makeup line, Beautycounter is, IMO, the very best.
To learn more about Beautycounter, including my current promotions, other safer skincare posts I’ve written, Flawless in Five, company articles and information, and The Never List ingredients, click HERE.
You will heal. I will help.