Three weeks in already, and I can’t believe it. Busiest and yet best three weeks I’ve had in a very long time.
Day 99: Let Go of Excuses
Yes, you’re busy. You probably have a lot of priorities competing for your time, energy and resources. But wouldn’t all those priorities be better served by a healthier, more dynamic you? Revolutionary Act #99, powered by Experience Life
WWDW, Stay-at-Home Mom Adventures (Number 3)
- Ryan left yesterday morning by 4 am to catch a flight for work, so I got up with him. I made us coffee, lit my new candle (smells like a Christmas tree) and finished writing the Infertility and Her Miracle blog post.
- Bethany and I did 2 of our 3 weekly workouts on Monday and Tuesday this week since Ryan would be gone the rest of the week. There was no 6 am workout yesterday, so instead I went Christmas shopping online until Samarah woke up around 8 am. Let it be known that she never sleeps this late. It was incredible, and I got almost all of my online shopping done!
- From then until some after 9 am we both ate and ate and ate. She had bread, coco (= Nutiva’s Organic Coconut Oil), un-oatmeal that she helped me make, coconut milk and raisins. I had the un-oatmeal, bread and coconut oil, a banana and chicken apple sausage.
- I cleaned up the kitchen a little bit while she watched BabyFirstTV. We watch BabyFirstTV so much that when I’m not with Samarah I’m singing all the songs from every single show. Yes, I have become that mommy. “Brush them high, now brush them low….” “He’s Harry, the bunny, he’s often quite funny…“
- Samarah has a new fascination with letting the dogs out to go to the bathroom, then running to the couch and opening the windows so she can “find Reagan.” She did this for quite some time, and does it on several occasions throughout the day.
- At approximately 9:53 am “The Dance Time Boys” were on. It’s Samarah’s favorite way to jam out daily. When they come on, we drop everything we’re doing, crank the music and dance with them. “Hands to the sky, hands to the ground….cuz it’s dance time, dance time.” Those little boys, PB and Jam, by the way, are adorable.
- We then sat in her playroom and colored for awhile. While coloring, I was reminded that when we headed out for errands later I needed to get my own colors. Friday night I’m going to an adult coloring night with Tiara. I got such good practice coloring with Samarah yesterday!
- Jen and baby Jack – Jack came over around 10:30 am because we had a little playdate planned. I made us some coffee to go, we grabbed the babies and walked to the park. Samarah and Jack were all over the place, up-and-down, sliding everywhere and exploring. Jen and I had time to catch up on life, and they got a ton of energy out. I was reminded of how critical it is to spend time with my friends that also stay home with their children and do playdates as often as possible. It’s good for Samarah and me.
- It was a little after noon by the time we got back, so Samarah ate several green olives, a little turkey bacon, and chicken apple sausage. By 12:20 pm she was saying, “I go nigh nigh.” That’s always the cue that she is ready for bed!
- Immediately upon putting her down, I
shoveledate lunch. My metabolism has been on fire from these workouts, so if I skip eating every few hours, I definitely feel it. I made this, and it was so awesome!
- After lunch, and during nap time, I worked on a Nutiva project. Nap time was a little shorter yesterday, lasting until shortly after 2 pm. Some days are like that, and that’s okay. And don’t worry, I got my colors for Friday night!
- We had another small lunch together when she woke up, and then we went out on errands; Target and Michaels. It was crazy out there yesterday, and I was reminded that next year I need to get it together and stop waiting until the last minute for Christmas shopping.
- It was just shortly before 5 pm by the time we made it home. She helped me carry in bags because she is a little mother’s helper. I mean, as long as the bags aren’t “too heavy, mama.”
- A friend came over to get peanut butter, we swept Reagan’s main room, turned on Christmas lights, watched a little TV, made and ate dinner and then finally played in her room + folded laundry all before 7 pm-ish when it was bed time.
Our days are busy, full, somewhat chaotic and beautiful.
I think that’s the best way I can describe them at the present moment.
I fought hard and searched deep down to arrive at these moments with Samarah, and I am so, so grateful for it.
To get involved in the #MyRevAct campaign, follow @ExperienceLifeMag on Instagram and post your own revolutionary ways to be healthy using #myrevact. In the meantime, read the best in healthy living at ExperienceLife.com.
You will heal. I will help.