I truly am just a digitally addicted country girl with a gluten free foodie fitness flare.
And today, I am proud to share this new look and feel with my new website design! It has taken me a long time to figure out exactly “who” I am. My “who” includes the professional + the personal “Sarah Kay Hoffman.” I am proud that Sarah Kay Hoffman is:
- “digitally-addicted” -> This is the professional side of me. Social media meets marketing and branding. Brought with a ton of passion and personality for utilizing it all to build, grow and engage with Online Communities, resulting in the increase of the bottom line and proving a positive ROI.
- “country girl” -> For me, it’s because I truly am a country girl. I grew up on gravel roads, in the country, with cornfields on all sides of me. I was “country when country wasn’t cool.” I have sung country music since I was 5. I am proud of the small town I am from, and the people I grew up with. I would rather be in small town, with people who are laid back, laugh, love and enjoy the simple things than have anything fancy or “bling.” I wear my cowgirl hat (because I love it!) to symbolize “country girl” as a means of being proud of who you are, where you came from, and (as my mother says) “to never get too big for your britches.”
- “gluten free” -> I will never promote or support products that are not gluten free. I have just crossed my 9-month mark. I am happy and proud of that. I am looking forward to my 1-year anniversary, but I enjoy the ride of taking it day-to-day.
- “foodie-fitness” -> I am a “foodie.” I totally love “fitness.” I dig the healthy lifestyle. I believe in the power of food and fitness. As long as it’s gluten free, I will try any food! Healthy, clean eating is my most favorite. I geek out over beautiful food. I have run ½ marathons, done almost every type of workout possible and enjoy anything that involves activity. I believe that not a day should go by where we don’t enjoy and appreciate food and fitness!
- “flare” -> This is the “miscellaneous” part to me. For those of you who know me personally, you know I have a quirky edge, say random things and take hold of a new passion almost daily. This flare is what keeps me constantly inspired and passionate!
And today, my Website rocks who I am as well! I was introduced to Brian Gardner from two great friends out in the Bay Area, Nicole Nicolay & Adam Walker Cleaveland.
I soon realized how talented Brian was! I immediately gravitated to one of the StudioPress Themes. Once I got my theme, I felt as though I need more in order to bring to life “Sarah Kay Hoffman.”
In the meantime, I ended up meeting (in real life) Brian (@bgardner) and other people from the Copyblogger Team (at the Copyblogger Party during SXSW): Brian Clark (@Copyblogger), Sean Jackson (@seanthinks) and Rafal Tomal (@RafalTomal).
Post-SXSW, I knew I wanted Rafal Tomal to tweak my theme and design my header/background to fit me. The process was seamless. I literally gave to Rafal some ideas, overall look and feel and he ran with it. What I had envisioned came out better than I could have ever imagined!
Between Rafal and Brian, I got a piece of work in a timely manner that exceeded my expectations. I could not be more excited, thankful and happy today! I would work with them again in a heartbeat, and I would recommend their themes, work, and design to anyone and everyone!
What I have learned through this whole process is that you absolutely must decide who you are and what you want, and then you must work with a professional who can deliver the image, look and feel to accompany the person you are (ps. my Twitter Background reflects this as well). Don’t take this lightly!
I am proud to rock the Genesis Framework, StudioPress Theme, and mostly that I am a digitally addicted country girl with a gluten free foodie fitness flare.
You will heal. I will help.